In order to help prevent vandalism, and to promote a greater sense of ownership by editors, AnOtherWiki has chosen to prevent editing by users who are not registered and logged in. To register your account, click
Did you know?
- Did you know...
- The term otherkin was first coined on The Elfinkind Digest by Torin in 1990?
- The online therian community started out on Alt.Horror.Werewolves on Usenet?
- An angel otherkin, MemoryandDream - owner and founder of Embracing Mystery and Drink Deeply and Dream - started the I Am Obamacare meme?
- There is a largely separate Draconity community for dragon otherkin, which started out on Alt.Fan.Dragons on Usenet?
- The Elf Queen's Daughters were a group of self-identified elves in 1973, 17 years before the otherkin community came into existence?
- Real vampires were once termed human living vampires?
- The Elfinkind Digest is the mailing list that started the online otherkin community?
- The otherkin, therian and real vampire communities evolved separately with some limited overlap in membership, and are still largely separate despite increasing overlap?
- The otherkin and multiplicity communities have historically had a great deal of overlap due to the frequency of multiple systems having nonhuman members?
- Starseeds and earth angels/elementals are two nonhuman communities which developed as part of the new age movement, independent of the otherkin community?
- The first howl in the therian community (Harvest Howl) was held in November 1994 in Ohio, and was organized by Smash Greywolf for members of the Alt.Horror.Werewolves Usenet group?
- A windigo named James Harrion III suggested the term therianthropes for therians on Alt.Horror.Werewolves in December 1994 as a more general term than lycanthropes?
- The first discussion group for real vampires online was the alt.culture.vampires Usenet group, a spin-off group from alt.vampyres, which was created on February 9, 1998?
- The Meowers were the first trolls to target a nonhuman community (Alt.Horror.Werewolves) in an organized fashion, even though some of the Meowers were otherkin themselves?
- The first book to deal extensively with otherkin, using that exact term, was The Veil’s Edge: Exploring the Boundaries of Magic by Willow Polson, published on March 3, 2003?