In order to help prevent vandalism, and to promote a greater sense of ownership by editors, AnOtherWiki has chosen to prevent editing by users who are not registered and logged in. To register your account, click
|Alternative forms||Star People, Starborn|
|Part of Speech||noun|
|Community used by||Otherkin, New Age|
Starseeds (also "star people" or "lightbeings") are beings who have experienced life in the universe on planets other than Earth and in non-physical dimensions.
It's widely believed that starseeds exist to help raise the Earth's and it's inhabitant's consciousness so that they can ascend to a higher realm known as the 4th dimension or the astral plane. However, other beliefs include starseeds each having their own individual missions, everyone being a starseed, or starseeds having one extraterrestial parent.
Starseeds who incarnate into human lifeforms suffer amnesia over their identity, life purpose, and origins. The awakening process is described as either a gradual sense of awakening over time or as a dramatic and abrupt awakening of consciousness. An increase in intuition and other psychic abilities are commonly reported experiences during awakening.
Characteristics and traits
- Compelling eyes, unique and striking physical appearance
- Great magnetism and personal charisma
- Sensitive to electricity and electromagnetic fields
- Lower than normal body temperature and low blood pressure
- Sharp hearing
- Extra or transitional vertebra
- Hypersensitivity to sound, light, odors
- Swollen or painful joints
- Pain in the back of the neck
- Adversely affected by high humidity
- Feel a tremendous sense of urgency to fulfill their missions
- Experienced a sense of oneness with the universe
- Many have difficulty dealing with / or expressing emotions or have a chemical imbalance
- Believe in life on other planets
- Most believe that have lived on another planet
- At an early age may have had some kind of extraterrestrial, religious or mystical experience
- May receive some form of communication from a higher source
Starseeds in books and music
- Stranger in a Strange Land, by Robert Heinlein
- Star People, mythological creatures from the fantasy Narnia world of C. S. Lewis
- Star People, a 2006 novel by Paul Burston
- The Star People, a 1987 book by Brad Steiger
- Starseed, a 1991 novel by Spider Robinson and Jeanne Robinson
- Star People, a 1983 album by Miles Davis
- Star People '97, a 1997 song on the Older album by George Michael
- Star People, a 2002(?) album by Brulé
- Star People, a music record label
- I Never Learn, a song by Lykke Li
- Starseed, a song by Our Lady Peace
- Starseed, a melodic hard rock band
- McCarthy, Paul. What are Star Seeds / Starseeds?
- Paul. Greetings Starseeds!
- Reeves, Anna. What are Starseeds?
- Steiger, Brad. 2013. Traits of Star People and Starseeds