In order to help prevent vandalism, and to promote a greater sense of ownership by editors, AnOtherWiki has chosen to prevent editing by users who are not registered and logged in.
To register your account, click here
It has been brought to our attention that a DNSBL used by AnOtherWiki has been providing false positives. It has now been removed from the list of DNSBLs we use to help identify users likely to be malicious. If you have been prevented from editing or signing up for an account on AnOtherWiki due to this error, both functions should now work. If you experience any problems, please contact the administration via the Community forum or Community chat. Thank you, and please excuse any inconvenience caused by this error.
- The otherkin, therian and real vampire communities evolved separately with some limited overlap in membership, and are still largely separate despite increasing overlap?
- The online therian community started out on Alt.Horror.Werewolves on Usenet?
- The otherkin and multiplicity communities have historically had a great deal of overlap due to the frequency of multiple systems having nonhuman members?
- The first book to deal extensively with otherkin, using that exact term, was The Veil’s Edge: Exploring the Boundaries of Magic by Willow Polson, published on March 3, 2003?
- The first howl in the therian community (Harvest Howl) was held in the fall of 1994 in Ohio, and was organized by Smash Greywolf for members of the Alt.Horror.Werewolves Usenet group?
- The first discussion group for real vampires online was the alt.culture.vampires Usenet group, a spin-off group from alt.vampyres, which was created on February 9, 1998?
- An angel otherkin, MemoryandDream - owner and founder of Embracing Mystery and Drink Deeply and Dream - started the I Am Obamacare meme?